WHAT MAKES A POLESTAR
The S60 and V60 Polestar cars are based on the highest specification Volvo models, then numerous upgrades are made to transform them into Polestar Volvos. Here are a number of areas where improvements have been made:
An extensively enhanced chassis provides the driver with increased control, feedback and driving pleasure. The changes include Öhlins shock absorbers and stiffer springs, reducing body movement and lowering the car.
Polestar & Öhlins shock absorbers
- 80% increased spring rate vs R-Design
- Carbon Fiber enforced front strut bar
- Stabilisers 15% stiffer vs R-Design
- Uprated connecting points, mounts and bushings
- Polestar unique Electrical Power Assisted Steering (EPAS)
| Volvo V60
0-60 mph 4.5 sec
0-120 mph 15.6 sec
Top speed 155 mph*
| Volvo S60
0-60 mph 4.4 sec
0-120 mph 15.8 sec
Top speed 155 mph*
- 4-cylinder Turbo and supercharger 1969 cc
- 270 kW (367 hp DIN / 362 hp SAE) @ 6000 rpm
- 470 Nm (347 lb-ft) @ 3100-5100 rpm
Max 7000 rpm, Max boost 2.0 bar
- Polestar 3.0" stainless full-flow exhaust system with 3.5" tail pipes
The eight-speed automatic gearbox features a new paddle shift system, Polestar-developed BorgWarner all-wheel drive ventilated and slotted as well as recalibrated traction control to provide maximum grip in all situations.
WHEELS AND BRAKES
20" Polestar wheels are fitted with high-performance summer tires, resulting in significantly more grip and precise steering response.
The brake system uses six-piston Brembo front calipers and 371 mm discs, delivering high-performance stopping power.
- Polestar/Brembo 6-piston caliper
- 371×32 mm ventilated disc
- New brake booster
- New main cylinder
- Optimized ESC & ABS
Wheels: New Polestar bespoke rims 20x8" ET55
Tires: Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/35
All Polestar models come fully equipped with the full suite of available safety, comfort and convenience features standard.